Ingredients For The Fillings (Enough to make 50 dumplings)
- 12 ounces of ground beef
- 7 ounces of mashed potato.
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/3 cup of diced onion
- 1/4 cup of diced scallion
- 1/4 cup of diced cilantro
- 2 tsp of grated garlic
- The spice mix that we made
- 1/3 cup of beef stock
Ingredients For The Spice Mix
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of white pepper
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- 1/3 tsp of Sichuan peppercorn
- 1.5 tsp of chili flake
Ingredients For The Dipping Sauce
- 2 tsp of garlic chili sauce (Homemade garlic chili sauce video: https://youtu.be/qozPuF1lU4Q)
- Some diced spring onion
- Some diced cilantro
- 2.5 tbsp of soy sauce
- 50 dumplings wrappers (homemade dumplings wrapper recipe: https://youtu.be/KahAeVHOx-k)
- water to glue the edge
- First, let’s make a spice mixture which will make you the best beef dumplings.
- In a blender, add in 1/2 tsp of black pepper, 1/2 tsp of white pepper, 1 tsp of cumin powder, 1/3 tsp of Sichuan peppercorn, 1.5 tsp of chili flake. Make sure you adjust the spice level to your preference. Grind them together. Set this aside and we will start making the filling.
- In a stander mixing bowl, add in 12 ounces of ground beef and 7 ounces of mashed potato. I know mashed potato sounds new to you but it is so delicious with beef together. You have to give it a try. Then add 2 tbsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine, 1 tsp of sugar, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/3 cup of diced onion, 1/4 cup of diced scallion, 1/4 cup of diced cilantro, 2 tsp of grated garlic, the spice mix that we made and 1/3 cup of beef stock. The stock I am using is non-flavored. If you use flavored broth, you will need to adjust the saltiness in this recipe. Mix everything well. Now the filling is done. Put it in a bowl and Let’s start wrapping.
- You will need some dumpling wrappers. Also, have some water to glue the edge of the dumpling.
- Take one piece of wrapper. Put some filling in the middle. Dip some water on the edge so it is easier to seal it. Fold it in half and pinch it tightly in the middle. Start making pleats on one side. Then do the other side. I usually make 4 pleats on each side. Pinch the edge to make sure it is tightly packed. You just keep doing this to finish the rest.
- HOW TO SAVE THEM: The amount I gave is enough to make 50 dumplings and if you want to save them. Now it is the time to freeze it. Whenever you want to eat them again, don’t need to defrost, just directly fry them.
- Add a little bit oil in a frying pan. Give it a toss so it covers the bottom. Add your dumplings one by one. Make sure your frying pan is well seasoned or use a non-stick pan.
- When you see the dumplings are sizzling in the pan, add some water in. I add about 1/3 cups. The amount of water should reach 1/2 way up to the dumplings. Then cover it. The steam will cook the top of the dumplings. Cook this on medium-low heat until the water is all gone. It will take about 3-5 minutes.
- Once the water is evaporated, you can open the lid. The dumpling skin should be transparent and that is how you know it is cooked through. You can see through the skin that the juice is boiling inside the dumplings. That is how you can tell it is going to be so juicy.
- Make sure you check the bottom. If you see it is golden brown, you are ready to serve. When you plate it, It is important to let the golden side face up. In this way, the crispy bottom will stay longer.
- I know you probably thinking about the dipping sauce now, here it is: 2 tsp of garlic chili sauce, some diced spring onion, some diced cilantro, some soy sauce, about 2.5 tbsp. This just how I like it. You can make your own dipping sauce. Give a stir and you are ready to eat.
Better than take out: Easy Potstickers Chinese Pan Fried Dumplings with Beef Filling [牛肉煎饺] from GifRecipes